Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Half a Year Old

My baby girl is 6 months today...I could say that I spent the day crying at how time has been flying by and I miss my tiny baby, but I love the fact that she is 6 months old already. I have been looking forward to this age since we first brought her home. I'm not much of a fan of teeny babies - I prefer her to be less dependant on me and to be able to do things like sit on her own, play with toys, eat solid foods, and enjoy life around her instead of just sleeping, eating and pooping all the time (which she still does like a champ).
She has changed so much since she was born.

(Photo by Peyton)

  • She is moving all over - mostly in circles - but not yet crawling.
  • She giggles & squeals all the time.
  • Her tongue still sticks out 85% of the time.
  • She is starting to eat solid foods, sweet potato is her favorite so far.
  • She loves Caramel (cat) and wants to watch & pet her all the time.
  • She can sit by herself, even if its bent in half.
  • She still loves her exersaucer and can play for a long time in that if I let her!
  • She loves watching TV & Baby Einstein movies.
  • She is getting so much better at sleeping at night - food has helped with that.
  • She is still quite the talker!
  • She loves sucking on her toes and feels the need to also push, kick & touch things with them.
  • The best way to calm her down is to take her outside. She loves fresh air.

4 comments:

Candice said...

Love her! I can't believe it's been 6 months!!!

Chellie said...

I like older babies too. Brixton also LOVES being outside

Kayla said...

I love newborns. I miss just holding and staring at them. However I never experienced a bad sleeper or a big crier so I'd probably change my mind if that were case! I want to borrow a newborn for a couple of days.......

Tarren and Erin said...

They definitely get more fun as they get older. I think 6 months is so fun. Haylie just keeps getting cuter!