Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Jace Jace

Jace Jace - that's what Haylie so lovingly calls him. Yesterday he officially turned 2 months old, but I wanted to wait until we saw his pediatrician today so I could remember his stats.

 Jace is 12 lbs, 8oz, which is the 75th percentile. He is 22 3/4 inches which is the 50th percentile.  And his eyes are huge - just like his sisters.
He is starting to really interact with us - cooing, smiling (a little), and being awake a whole lot more.  Especially at 4 am. He did sleep through the night on Saturday, but hasn't repeated since.  But he is really only getting up once, staying awake for about an hour, then sleeping for another 3-4.  I'll take it!
He looks scared most of the time, but I think it's because he is around Haylie and is wondering what's going to happen next. He toots every time he stretches, he loves looking at fans on the ceiling, and still lets me swaddle him for sleep.  He is wearing a size 1 diaper (close to a size 2 though!) and 0-3 mo. clothes.
 He lets me bathe him without a fuss and has even fallen asleep on the floor playing. I honestly did not know babies could just fall asleep.  That has never happened in my experience with being a parent, so I am flabbergasted by this.  He is a pretty chill baby, which makes me love him even more.
He even likes to play the Finger Hole game with you - whoops, you looked.

No comments: