Sunday, November 18, 2012

Christmas with a Twist

Every year my family seems to want to do something different for Christmas.  One year we did Garage Sale Christmas where everything you gave came from garage sales.  That was a lot of fun in my opinion, but some people were pretty hard to find stuff for!  Then we tried taking a trip over Christmas...but the destination we went was a small town with not a lot going on.  So, two for two we haven't decided to stick with the "new idea."

This year we got together to discuss some fun new options (thanks to ideas on the www and FB friends) and Justin comes up with a great new idea.

Each person picks a store where they would want a gift from.  We put those individually in a hat.

We then put each adults name in a hat.

We pick a name, we pick a store...and you have to buy that person a gift from that store.

Who knows?!  My dad might have to go shopping for my brother in law at Bath & Body Works...

It could be a lot of returning on the day after Christmas...or it could be really fun to see what people find specifically for you.  I'm excited.  We got together Friday night, filled out questionnaires to help people shop and picked our name and store.

Let the shopping begin!!

2 comments:

Kim Buesing said...

how fun is that! That idea might need to be suggested to the Jimenez Familia! :)

Chellie said...

That sounds so fun! I like themes -- we did a lot of books one year, I always think it would be fun for everyone to get a new game or something. I like that you all mix it up.